Moist, slightly cake-like, chunky chocolate kinda brownie.
This recipe is the perfect anecdote for all rainy day loathers, post break-up victims, ice-cream pairing enthusiasts, pillow lovers, and dedicated chocolate lovers. Enjoy 🙂
What You Need:
Insatiabley Rich Cocoa Brownies
- 1 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder + 1/4 bittersweet chocolate chips or baking chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter (does not need to be softened)
- 2 tablespoons strong coffee
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used Trader Joe’s Chocolate Chunks)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. I used coconut oil spray to grease the pan instead of butter.
- Combine butter, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips in a small bowl, then place over a pot of simmering water. (AKA make a double-boiler.) Make sure the simmering water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the coffee and stir to melt the chocolate and butter.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the eggs and the sugar. Add the vanilla extract. When the butter and chocolate have melted and come together, slowly stir the chocolate mixture into the sugar mixture.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips (or chocolate chunks).
- Pour the batter in the pan and, using a spatula, gently spread the batter evenly in the pan. Sprinkle the extra chocolate chips on top of the mixture.
- Bake for 18 – 25 minutes. Remove and let cool – let cool for quite a while. Since this is a super chocolate-y recipe it will be a super moist/cake-like. So let it cool down enough until you can cut the brownies without making a chocolate-y mess! 🙂
- Serve and enjoy!